- 30 minutes of moderate intensity physical activity every day or 60 minutes three times a week is good for fertility.
Different Types of MovementPhysical activity is defined as any body movement produced by skeletal muscles that requires energy expenditure.
Exercise is a subset of physical activity that is planned, repetitive, and structured and usually has a goal to maintain or improve at least one component of physical fitness.
Sedentary behaviour comprises time spent in periods of little or no movement while awake (eg. sitting).
Different types of physical activity (eg. recreational, household, child or adult care, transportation, work) or exercise (eg. aerobic, strengthening, low impact) may be differentially associated with infertility. Likewise, the intensity of physical activity (eg. light, moderate, vigorous) may also be important.
What Physical Activity can affect Fertility?
- Vigorous exercise (i.e. exercising daily or to exhaustion).
- Exercising more than 60 min per day.
- Example: hot yoga, boot-camp training, extreme running.
What Physical Activity is good for Fertility?
- Low to moderate intensity exercise.
- Exercising 30 min per day or 60 min three times a week.
- Examples: walking, yoga, dancing, jogging, swimming.