Low fat bolognese
Main Meals Recipes
- 400g lean turkey mince
- 2 tsp olive oil
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 1 large carrot, chopped
- 3 celery sticks, chopped
- 250g brown mushrooms, chopped
- 1 tbsp tomato puree
- 4 tomatoes, chopped
- 400 ml chicken stock
- Cooked wholemeal pasta and fresh basil leaves to serve
- Heat a large non-stick frying pan and dry-fry the turkey mince until browned. Tip onto a plate and set aside.
- Add the olive oil and gently cook the onion, carrot and celery until softened, about 10 mins (add a splash of water if it starts to stick). Add the mushrooms and cook for a few mins, then add tomato purée, and cook for 1 min more, stirring to stop it from sticking.
- Add the tomatoes, turkey and stock with some seasoning. Simmer for at least 20 mins (or longer) until thickened. Serve with the wholemeal pasta and fresh basil.