Blackberry & Apple Oat Bake
- 500ml Semi-skimmed milk
- 2 small cinnamon sticks
- 6 cardamom pods, bashed
- 2 apples, peeled, cored and cut into cubes
- 200g jumbo porridge oats
- 1 egg, beaten
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 100g pecans, roughly chopped
- 320g blackberries
- Serve with fat free yogurt and maple syrup
- Heat the oven to 200C/180C fan/gas 6. Put the milk, spices and apple in a small saucepan. Cover, gently bring to the boil and simmer for 10-12 mins. Set aside to infuse for at least 15 mins.
- Remove and discard the spices, then pour the apples and milk into a large bowl and roughly crush the apples with the back of a fork. Mix in the oats, egg, vanilla, baking powder, pecans and blackberries.
- Tip into a 2-litre ovenproof dish and bake for about 30-35 mins until piping hot in the middle. Serve with yogurt and maple syrup, if you like.