- 1 large avocado, peeled and pitted
- 2 large eggs
- ⅓ cup coconut sugar or light brown sugar
- ¼ cup pure maple syrup
- 3 tablespoons unsalted butter or coconut oil
- 1 tablespoon pure vanilla extract
- ½ cup plus 2 tablespoons cocoa powder
- ½ flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- ½ cup dark or milk chocolate chips
- Preheat the oven.
- Prepare an 9x8 inch pan with parchment paper
- In the bowl of a food processor, place the avocado, eggs, coconut sugar, maple syrup, butter, and vanilla. Process until it’s completely smooth and combined, stopping to scrape down the bowl a few times as needed so that no chunks of avocado remain.
- To the food processor, add the cocoa powder, almond flour, and baking soda. Process until smooth. Add 1/4 cup chocolate chips and pulse a few times so that the chips are roughly incorporated.
- Scrape the batter into the prepared pan and smooth the top. Sprinkle over the remaining 1/4 cup chocolate chips. Bake for 25 to 30 minutes, until the top is set and a toothpick inserted in the center of the brownies comes out mostly clean with just a few moist crumbs clinging to it.
- Place the pan on a wire cooling rack and let the brownies cool for 30 minutes. With the parchment paper handles, lift the brownies from the pan and place them on the rack to cool completely.
- Slice and serve.